Adventures of a University Finalist

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Five Guys Walk Into A Bar... Ouch (Pt 1)

Faces

The Faces - Five Guys Walk Into A Bar (Rhino, 20004)

The Faces - Maybe I'm Amazed (Live)
The Faces - Pool Hall Richard
The Faces - Miss Judy's Farm (Live)
The Faces - You're My Girl (I Don't Want to Discuss It) (Live)
The Faces - Last Orders Please

Wahoo! My first two exams (the killer three hour mothers) are now both done and/or dusted so I can now have a bit of a relax for a few days. As a result of this great mood that I'm now in, despite the headache from the early wake-up and the fact that I hadn't had a beer in about a week and half before yesterday, I've constructed a bog standard two part series for your enjoyment.
The tracks above are all rare cuts taken off Discs 1 and 2 of the relatively new Faces box set, Five Guys Walk Into A Bar... I could give you a detailed history of the boys but (a) the box set itself is at home and (b) it would probably take a while. Let's just say that the Faces were the greatest rock band of the seventies composed of Ronnie Lane, Ian McLagan and Kenney Jones from the Small Faces, Ron Wood from the Jeff Beck Group who of course is now the epitome of cool toruing in the Rolling Stones, and finally, before it all went tits up and he recorded 'Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?' and 'Sailing', the mighty Rod Stewart.
Start at Pool Hall Richard, a single that was unavailable until the single CD best of 'Good Boys... While They're Asleep' and then to the stomping cover of 'You're My Girl'. Screw it. It's all brilliant. They had a bar ON stage when they used to perform live. How could they not be amazing?

Buy - The Faces - Five Guys Walk Into A Bar...