Adventures of a University Finalist

Monday, May 23, 2005

I'm So Excited That A Little Bit Of Pee Just Came Out

Lucksmiths2

The Lucksmiths - Warmer Corners (Candle Records, 2005)

The Lucksmiths - Sunlight in a Jar
The Lucksmiths - Fiction

Oh my god. Is this the greatest blog post you've ever seen? Well, it is to me. The Lucksmiths are definitely in my top five favourite artists of all time since the time I first discovered them on a mix CD my sister sent me with 'The Great Dividing Range' featured on it. 'Sunlight in a Jar' is already in my top ten favourite songs accompanying 'Guess How Much I Love You' which has been in the top five for the past six months. An entire Lucksmiths gig just makes my day and answers loads of questions in my head such as "Can they possibly play 'Fiction' live?" (apparently not), "Do they play any tracks off 'A Little Distraction'?" (apparently so) and "Should I go see them next time they come over to England?"
(yes, yes AND yes - I want to be able to bop up and down like a mad Jack-in-a-Box until my tummy hurts).
The live version of Sunlight in a Jar that they plkay on the recording seems at too high a tempo for my liking but that's my only compliant. I mean Tali even starts singing 'My Heart Will Go On' (albeit briefly) before kicking into the magnificent closer 'The Year of Driving Langorously'. Thanks Bradley.
Note: The planned Faces post will be up tomorrow or Wednesday. Just now it seems like a cliffhanger of some sort but without John Lithgow's gurning.

Buy - Warmer Corners
Visit - The Lucksmiths