Adventures of a University Finalist

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Final Four: A Little Bit of Faith

Todd2Prefab
MercuryCave

4. Mercury Rev - Everlasting Arm
3. Prefab Sprout - Jesse James Symphony
2. Todd Rundgren - Sometimes I Don't Know What To Feel
1. Nick Cave - Into My Arms

Blimey. Here we are at the end of the series in one final spurt (ooh, you are awful but I like you)! To be honest, it's a relief since my brain was aching from agonizing over these final choices and the rash choice of the Bungle boys; I love 'em but sometimes chronological bias can be a hindrance to any such list. Sadly, I am completely and utterly wiped from my 9-6 shift at the book shop (yes, I got a job and isn't it ever so glamorous) so none of these remarkable songs are going to get the writeup that they deserve. All I'll say is that (a) 'A Wizard, A True Star' must be purchased by all of you after which you must lay down in your psychedelic pads with oversized headphones, a drug or soft drink of your choice, and an open mind; you will touch something resembling Jesus (I'm sure that it has a beard and doesn't mind the aforementioned beard being stroked whatever it is), (b) 'See You On the Other Side' is the best album that Mercury Rev have ever done , (c) 'Jordan: The Comeback' means that memories of Paddy McAloon dancing with giant hot dogs and GM vegetables should be banished forever in favour of daily worship, and (d) Nick Cave: Toto, I don't think we're in Caulfield anymore.
Finally, go to Jefitoblog to find part two of my Otis Redding Idiot's Guide. Free mp3s and ice cream for the first twenty to get there via this link!

Buy - Mercury Rev - See You On the Other Side
Buy - Prefab Sprout - Jordan: The Comeback
Buy - Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, A True Star
Buy - Nick Cave - The Boatman's Call